22.8.12 BLUE + GREEN SHOULD BE SEEN

Image via Studiofludd

'Blue and green should not be seen without a colour inbetween'. Whoever decided to spread that rumour had it all wrong, these two colours are made for each other. I have lived in a little blue cottage for the past two years and having never really been attracted to blue as an interior colour now I am slightly obsessed. And green? Well living in the country has given green a new lease of life for me... how could it not?!

Image via Thankyouok

You know who else thinks blue and green love each other... Merci. We've all heard of Merci right? The store in Paris that besides having the most beautiful of everything on offer also gives 100% of it's joint profits to help women and children in Madagascar. This instore installation garland of blue and green dipped timber takeaway spoons is so good. Imagine being the VM for that place... I would be seriously running to work everyday.



And here it is, the blue and green paintings of all blue and green paintings!  I can't for the life of me find the name of this clever combiner of blue and green which is a shame but I just had to post it anyway. If you have huge amounts of time on your hands feel free to go through the Veronica Loves Archie blog which is where I originally found this image. An excellent blog btw! Update! I have just been informed this is Jenni Rope's incredible work!

12 comments:

  1. When I was a groovy young teen chick growing up in the late '60s my favourite dress was a dark rich blue with aqua green spots. I saw a shirt in the same colours the other day and was instantly back in my sun-drenched youth. Tell you what else was cool - rich mauve and turquoise green - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet you were a real stunner it that dress too Mum! Tx

      Delete
  2. When I was a groovy young teen chick growing up in the late '60s my favourite dress was a dark rich blue with aqua green spots. I saw a shirt in the same colours the other day and was instantly back in my sun-drenched youth. Tell you what else was cool - rich mauve and turquoise green - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy , didn't I just date myself - I posted the same thing twice!
    Your mum - the groovy young chick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd already done that... young teen in the 60's!! Tx

      Delete
  4. I love Blue & Green together and could never understand that rule! Seem sto me they are quite harmonious together in any tone or shade combination! Besides, Rules are made to be broken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it Nikki! Tx

      Delete
  5. Blues and greens are made for each other :) Combinations of unexpected shades of green and blue forms best results. These are kind of hues that tell the stories better than any others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I agree completely Maria! Tx

      Delete
  6. http://www.jennirope.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mathew thanks! Will amend post right now! Tx

    ReplyDelete